Shock-Rule Race Prepay Discount
As required by NASCAR, all Xfinity and Truck teams must adhere to the rear shock lease rule at Daytona and Talladega events. The general lease procedure can be found below.
Penske Racing Shocks offers a discount to teams who pre-pay prior to the event. If you wish to take advantage of the pre-pay discount for the upcoming event in Daytona, payment must be made no later than February 10, 2023. Otherwise, full payment will be due at the track.
Pay Prior to February 10, 2023: $639.00 / car
Pay After February 11, 2023: $670.95 / car
Shock-Rule Race Procedures
- NASCAR Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series competitors use a single pool of shock absorbers for shock-rule events.
- Shocks will be issued during inspection, and will remain on the vehicles throughout the week for practice sessions. FULL payment is expected when issued.
Lease Program, Return Rear Shocks after each Shock-Rule Event
- Teams which enter the event must pay a lease fee of $315.00 per shock (discounted to $300.00 per shock if prepaid),.
- Teams RETURN their shocks after the shock-rule race to be rebuilt to NASCAR-required tolerance and added to the shock pool for random issuance at the next shock-rule race.
Teams entering into the Rebuild/Lease Program automatically agree to the following:
- Shocks must be returned at the track. Once they leave the track, they are considered team-owned. Special accommodations may be made to return shocks if a team forgot to return them at the track or shock return is delayed by impound *** if within 30 days of the event ***.
- Shocks being returned must have no signs of major damage (i.e. shaft if nicked; dust cap on top of eyelet or pin if damaged; monoball if bound up; body if scratched or dented on the outside). Damaged shocks can be refused at the sole discretion of PRS. Sometimes unseen damage will not be found by PRS until the shocks are taken apart for rebuild. If such damage is found, the team will be invoiced for the damage, at a maximum of $100.
SUMMARY: Each time a team enters a shock-rule race event, they agree to pay a lease fee of $315.00 per shock (discounted to $300.00 per shock if prepaid), plus applicable sales tax. Those shocks should be RETURNED post event. If they KEEP their shocks post event, they agree the shocks are non-returnable once they have left the track and that full price of $1,050.00 per shock, plus applicable sales tax, is required to be paid. Special accommodations may be made to return shocks if a team forgot to return them at the track or shock return is delayed by impound *** if within 30 days of the event ***.
|Dimensions||0 × 0 × 0 in|